Sunday, October 23, 2011

Danao, You're Really Worth It

There's something in Danao City in Northern Cebu that captured my heart. Its simple yet picturesque scene stole my heart I wanna go back. When high school buddy and our batch's salutatorian Glece Anthony Adlawan told me and Zyzle that Danao is just an hour away from Cebu City, I did not hesitate to decide to explore what's in it.

From Cebu, we found ourselves in an overloaded jeepney heading towards the coastal town of Danao. The moment we arrived there at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the first thing we did is look for some water at Gaisano Capital, just right across the city's terminal. Mineral Water seems to be so elusive and we just found ourselves dropping one peso coin in an ATM Machine in a nearby sari-sari store. Just so you know, ATM stands for Automatic Tubig Machine.

The facade of the city hall conveys modernity and style. Its exterior looks like that of Tagum City Hall. My first impression of the city is that it's too serene and peaceful with only kids and teenagers roaming in this hot Saturday afternoon. I was told that Danao also boasts of its many Rizal statues and many plazas. I found one myself.

But what left me in awe is its old church. It was just awesome. I prayed a little wish there, something I wish could come true.

When it was time to go, my eyes gazed the sea that seems never ending. As I stare on its blue green hue, I hope I could go back and explore its unexplored corners.

Danao, you're really worth it.

Louie.











Danao is located in the northern part of Cebu facing the Camotes Islands. It lies in the eastern coast between Compostela and Carmen and bounded on the west by the municipalities of Balamban, Asturias and Tuburan. It is 8.20 kilometers from Carmen to the North; 97.0 kilometers from Balamban (via Toledo City); 92.14 kilometers from Asturias (via Lugo); 7.80 kilometers from Compostela to the South; and 33.1 kilometers from Cebu City, reckoned from kilometer 00.0 at the Cebu Provincial Capitol Building.  Public transport coming in and out of Danao City are mostly passenger jeepney’s plying the Danao-Cebu route. Passenger busses also pass by Danao City on the way to the northern towns like Bogo from Cebu City and vice-versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment